Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Make a request for Peace!

It's Peace Tuesday and I request that you take 5 minutes to focus on Peace in someway today. For those of you new to this blog, please go to www.PeaceTuesday.blogspot.com, then scroll to my first entry which explains why I'm blogging for Peace.

Notice that this is a request. You have the choice to say "yes", "no" or negotiate with me! And, what's really lovely about it, is that my request is one way to create Peace. It shifts my focus from complaining about "how people aren't peaceful", and turns it into something powerful: a request for people to be Peaceful!

Someone I love and admire reminded me this week that complaints are in the way of Peace. And I know that "anything that isn't Peace (or is in the way of Peace) is an opportunity to create Peace out of it", according to Helen Keller! So, the Peace practice I have for you today is to notice yourself complaining, either in you thoughts or out loud. Simply notice and see if you can discern the request in your complaint. If you can't, ask someone else if they can see it, knowing that there may be several. When you find a request, look to see how you can make the request. If it takes some courage to make the request, consider this another opportunity for growth. Make the request and give the other person permission to say "yes", "no" or negotiate.

I am always surprised by the number of "yes's" I get! So, please turn your complaints into request today and create Peace on the planet.

Love,

Darlene

1 comment:

suz said...

Dear Darlene,

I am amazed how your Tuesday Peace emails slow me down and keep me focused. When opening my mail for day day, I immediately scroll to look for your message.

Mahalo.
Susan