Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Being Fearless for Peace

Montaigne said, "There are so many terrible things in my life, but most of them never happened."; meaning we spend much of our life imagining things to be afraid of! I used to think this was useful, that if I was scared enough I would be sure to avoid those pitfalls. I just had to be constantly vigilant. Fear is exhausting!

Peace happens when individuals (and nations) focus on loving possibilities. Like Gandhi who lovingly and playfully invited the British to leave India, we too can invite the monsters in our imagined lives to leave. We can acknowledge our fear and practice being fearless. We can stop burdening ourselves with fear and find that Peace is light and effortless. Power that had been sucked away by fear is replaced by energy giving love and gratitude!

So, acknowledge and step through (not in!) some fear this Peace Tuesday. Power on dude!

Love,

Darlene

No comments: