Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Peace: poetry and music!

Hello all you poets out there. I'm challenging you to write a Peace poem to share with the blogosphere. Imagine putting your poem to music like Adam Wegener did with his song titled Peace!

Peace by Adam Wegener

I find peace in the noises I'm not hearing.
I find comfort in the buildings I don't see.
I'm at home with all the lights that aren't shining tonight.
It's just the moon, the stars and me.

I find peace in the cars that aren't driving.
I sit back and watch the planes not flying high.
I find home in these four walls that don't surround me.
Know you're there when I look to the sky.

I find silence in the phone that isn't ringing.
I find company though apart from all the rest.
I find quiet when the sirens aren't singing.
Out here it's plain to see that we've been blessed.

You can hear Adam sing his poem by going to www.adamwegener.com

Poetry and music create Peace. Thanks Adam for creating some for us.

Love,

Darlene

No comments: