Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Peace Promises

Here are several of the Peace promises people made last week. Feel free to adopt some of them if you have not made yours!

"I promise to bring Peace and positive actions to every situation."
"I promise to create more by using less, to go more lightly on this earth."
"I promise to work toward lasting inner Peace; to heal others by showing them their path to Peace."
"I promise to practice Peace in the face of upsets - mine, others and the world's.."
"I promise to let go of my judgments and to focus on the love I have for all people and express that every day."
"I promise to love what is."
"I promise to be less certain and ask more questions."

I love the possibilities each of these declarations create. If you have not made a Peace promise this year, would you be willing to? What possibility might that create? Willing to share your promise?

Peace to you this Peace Tuesday.

Love,

Darlene

1 comment:

AK said...

Your weekly request for peace has inspired me to write a post on this subject for it has been a decades long quest in my own life as well— to understand what it would really take to establish peace in the world. (See Journey of Questions in my most recent post titled Frugal Is The New Black.)

This quest to understand peace in the context of our world has illuminated for me some systemic underpinnings that have changed the way I live my life. I have seen others come to the same understanding of what it will take to live in a just and therefore peaceful world, so I'm hoping my journey will help others too. Thanks for the inspiration prompting.