Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sitting with the question of Peace

Peaceful New Year!

The purpose of this blog is to have us (as many of us as possible) focus on Peace each Tuesday AND to take one action to make Peace (personal, interpersonal,community, national, international) possible.

I hear people everywhere saying that Peace is hopeless, particularly given recent events in Gaza and Israel. They are right! Peace is not about hope. It is about vision, commitment and action. I also hear people asking, "Why can't we have Peace"?
We certainly haven't had sustained, pervasive Peace on this planet since the beginning of recorded history AND no one has ever answered that question to my satisfaction.

That's because they are asking the wrong question. It isn't "why isn't there Peace?" it is instead "How can I/we create Peace".

My invitation today is for you to SIT with the question, "How can I create Peace"?
Look for one thing you can do, or better yet stop doing, that would contribute to your personal sense of Peace. Then notice how that contributes to Peace on this planet.

Sit BooBoo! Sit!

Love you all,

Darlene

No comments: